Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas gifts

Hello everyone! It has been nearly a week since I have posted! Time just got away from me with Thanksgiving and my son having the entire week off of school! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day, we sure did! So, anyway, I thought I would share a couple gift ideas I came up with.


This first one is a set of picture frames ready for the reciepient to slip in a picture, of maybe their new baby girl. I found these picture frames on clearance for $1.75 each (score!) For the first one I added some Tall Tales (su) dsp, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip &Brillant Blue cardstock and the second, Pink Flamingo (su) dsp & Tempting Turquoise cardstock and I used the Dahlia nestie for the picture placement. For extra embellishment, I added the cute ballerina from My Beautiful Ballerina (cdstamps) onto a labels 4 nestie and popped up her dress and face with dimentionals. The ribbons are Chocolate Chip, So Saffron & Old Olive for the first, and on the second are a couple of clear dollar ribbons. This second gift is actually a tin gift box. It is the box my fossil watch came in and I have been holding onto it waiting for just the right project. This box is full of nugget chocolates that I covered in 1"x3 1/4" strips of coodinating dsp. On the top of the box I used a phrase from chit chat rub ons (su) and a white handmade flower from Leah's Esty Shop topped with a red rhinestone brad. I intend on adding the actual gift inside the box along with the chocolates, so it is like three gifts in one! Who wouldnt like a pretty box for their craft table? (answer - non craft people... for them, it would end up in a drawer ... lol... )
For this box, I used one of my favorite dsp's Holiday Lounge (su) I cut four rectangles to fit each side of the box allowing for the rounded corners and added a small strip of sahara sand cardstock over the seams and wrapped this pretty burgandy (cdstamps) ribbon around the entire box. I thought about tying a bow, but I always do that... so I decided to use 4 build-a-brads using coordinating dsp to finish off each side. I used my handy dandy crop-a-dile to punch thru the metal.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you leave a comment and say HI!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Such wonderful gifts! I'm glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving:)