Saturday, January 15, 2011

MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch #2 and Raise the Bar # 49

Hello everyone! Welcome to Saturday ... I had a little bit of time before its time to take my son to MMA class .. so I wanted to sneak in to the craft room and get some me time in.  This card fits into two challenges, the first being the sketch challenge at the newly revamped My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club .. I thought this sketch was so fun, and I had this MFT PI stamp Bunch of Blooms in mind. The second challenge is Raise the Bar, which the challenge is a theme: "Oh to be a kid again", using a child image on the card. PI stamps fit that bill to a Tee.
I would like to point out one important thing about this card, I took an idea my BFF Cassie came up with and ran with it (I, of course did thank her first)
She took some double sided 12x12 paper, cut it down to 4 1/4x11 and turned it into a card base, making it effortless to adorn the inside of your card as well as the outside. I thought this was a fantastic idea especially since I have tons of 12x12 laying around... Just click on Cassie's name to go check out her card made with the double sided 12x12 dp. I really think she has started a trend!


Details:
Stamps: MFT PI Bunch of Blooms
Paper: Rassleberry Lemonade(?) dsp, Neenah Solar White, Pale Plum
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Tools/Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Dimentionals,
Seeing Spots Embossing Folder
Rich Razzleberry ribbon

2 comments:

Cassie said...

You are entirely too kind, my friend. Your card, however, is AMAZING! I LOVE your coloring, and your dp is perfect for the image. You're awesome ;D

Unknown said...

Super cute card Christi! Great way to use up some of that 12x12 paper. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar this week.