Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday #98 with some BFF RAK


Hello Friends! This last week has been a bumpy one, ups and downs ups and downs. Thankfully, one of those 'ups' was a RAK package that I got from my BFF, Cassie. She sent me this awesome MFT WTG set called Who's that Harvesting Girl.. YAY! I just had to make her a Thank You card with the set she gave me. I followed this week's sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, they are on #98 already! I hear they are doing it up for their 100th!

I got to do something new today! I have admired all the beautiful stitching I see all over blogland.. and I have wanted to try it for myself! I came across (what looked like a) neat stitching tool, but it didnt work out, SO... I remembered my old SU tool set, and I used my paper piercer and the hole guide and punched all those holes out and then stitched my floss thru each and every hole. I like how it turned out, but it was alot of work, and time consuming! I bet next time it will go faster because it wont be my first time.

Details:
Stamps: MFT WTG Who's that Harvesting Girl
Paper: Choice Buttercream, K&C Co Berry dp,
Green Galore
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Paper Piercer, Goldenrod floss,
Big Scallop Oval & Lacey Circle Nestabilities,
 Ruby Red brads, Copics
Techniques: Paper Piecing, Sewing
Thank you so much for stopping by! Your visit is very appreciated, as are your comments! If you have any tips to make sewing on cards easier, I would love to hear them!  Thanks again! :0)

10 comments:

mulberry station said...

Wow, your strawberries look so real. And, the stitching around your card is amazing. Your image and whole card is gorgeous! Beautifully done!! Happy Easter to you and your family!
Nancy SSW-DT

Cassie said...

I LOVE what you did with the set. . .better than anything I ever made with it! Great colors and your stitching is wonderful :D

mulberry station said...

Wow, I just came back to look at your card again and my comment is not here. So, I just wanted to let you know how much I love your card this week. Your detail work is amazing. I love the stitching around your card. Beautifully done. Happy Easter!
Nancy SSW-DT

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh this is such a sweet card. I love the strawberries and your colors are just so fun. Have a sweet Easter Arlana@SSW!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Christie I love your papers on this card but I also love your stitching around your card!
Judi SSW DT

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Just look at her pretty shirt - I love the paper piecing!!!! One of my favorite techniques. Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh my your card is gorgeous!!! Love the papers and sweet image but you stitching is simply amazing. This is one Gorgeous card! thanks for sharing and for playing along with us at SSW! hope you will Join us next week for our 100 sketch celebrations lots of prizes for our players.

Hugs
Jackie - SSW DT

Kathie said...

Hi Christi, this is a lovely card. Great image and amazing colours and design papers. I know what you mean about stitching I did a smilar thing about 18 months ago and took so much longer than I expected but looked great. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Happy Easter
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Sharon Basel said...

This is incredible Christi! Gorgeous papers so perfect for the image and I love that paper piecing! I just love this wonderful card. That hand stitching you did is worth it - what a stunning touch to the card. I could look at this beautiful card for a month of Sundays! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

I adore that stitching and it's just perfect with this image! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie