Monday, March 5, 2012

Taylored Expressions February Key Ingredients Kit Challenge


Hello Friends! This past weekend I had a lofty goal to make three cards for a few challenges going on now. And believe it or not, I actually got it done! This card is not my favorite of the three from this weekend, and in fact, I went back and forth on whether or not to even post it. But, I wanted to put my name in the hat for the drawing over at Taylored Expressions blog, so here it is.

I took alot of liberty with the concept of casing a card and cased my BFF, Cassie's card.. I am not good at background stamping and I found her card super inspiring. I just hope my card isnt as much of a 'rip off' as I fear it might be...  As I type this, I am still hesitating on posting ... (sigh)

Ok, so the challenge is an awesome one, perfect for someone like me who can use some extra modivation. The challenge is to use our February KI Kit, which is lovely by the way, to create a project following this month's theme, which is "Take Note". I took advantage of the special sale and added the perfectly coordinated stamp set to my KI kit, which is exactly perfect for the challenge.

Card Details:
Stamps: TE Vintage Dreamer
Paper: TE Feb Ki Kit
Ink: CDS Cherry Go Round hybrid ink, Momento Rich Cocoa

Thank you so much for stopping by! If you like my card, please visit my BFF Cassie's blog to give her some love, since that is where I got the idea for my card! Thank you Cassie!  

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hehe, yeah that big stamp is perfect for some background stamping! I love your take. Believe it or not, I actually almost grabbed the kraft paper to make my card first, but changed my mind last minute. Beautiful :D