Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #163

Hello Everyone! I am super THRILLED to get to share this card with you all today! Not because it is a great creation, or because my coloring is fantastic or because of my take on the sketch. I am thrilled to share this with you because I have not made a card or crafted in THREE MONTHS! It has been so long since I have used my copic markers that I definately need to study up on my technique. (not that it was great to start with!) It has been so long since I have posted on my sadly neglected blog, that all the updates to Blogger suprised me!

There has been alot of changes here at Casa Bryant, from going to a family of 3 to a family of 5 in a short 7 months to my husband deploying on his sixth combat tour back at the end of May, leaving me with said three children to manage on my own. This is my quick excuse of why my crafting and my blog have been neglected. BUT! My hope is, in making this card for my friend's daughter's birthday, my crafting mojo will return and I will find time, or make time to get back to my passion, paper crafting.

Onto the card... (dont look at it too closely hehe) I made this card for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge,#163. I turned the sketch on its side to accomodate my image, which is called "Sweet Party" from Taylored Expressions. All my ingredients are exclusively from Taylored Expressions June Key Ingredients kit.

Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog today! I hope to be posting regularly again now that I am getting used to things in our 'new normal'. School starts in a short two weeks so ... please stop by again soon! I would love to hear your comments!


4 comments:

Cassie said...

Yay! You got to craft! I'm so happy for you, and you don't look rusty at all! I could have never been able to tell that you had been away so long ;)

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a fun card! Love how you turned the sketch for your card. TFS

Dawn Easton said...

Your card turned out wonderfully! I haven't used any cuppies in a long time....probably since leaving the TE dt :( Thanks for inspiring me to get them out!

Sorry that you've been so busy and it's understandable but I'm happy to see you've picked up those copics and crafted again!!! It's soooooo soothing, isn't it?

Dawn Easton said...

Your card turned out wonderfully! I haven't used any cuppies in a long time....probably since leaving the TE dt :( Thanks for inspiring me to get them out!

Sorry that you've been so busy and it's understandable but I'm happy to see you've picked up those copics and crafted again!!! It's soooooo soothing, isn't it?