Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Today's sketch challenge SC223


Here is my submission for the sketch challenge over on http://splitcoaststampers.com/ Once again, it took me forever to execute what may seem to some to be a simple task. I kept messing up the sentiment at the bottom. Seriously it must have been 5 or 6 tries befor I finally adhered the sentiment to the card.
I got the idea of the woven square from a sketch challeng over on http://papercraftplanet.com/ sk040409. It is a pretty simple way to add that something extra to the card. I used baja breeze dsp and the riding hood red floral print paper from candy lane dsp. The strips are 1/2 inch long and I just folded over the excess and adhered them to the back.
I stamped the coffee pot on the back side of riding hood red texturd paper and paper pieced it onto the white stamped image to give it just a touch of texture and depth. The black is from stampin up's new taste of textiles collection, black linen texture to be exact... The white brads are 5/16".

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Christi, this is AWESOME! I love your take on the layout, and the colors you chose. You are so darn talented. Makes me miss you so much more all the time.