Sunday, March 7, 2010

Taylored Expressions # 103 and Color Throwdown#82

Hello! Happy Sunday! Today has been a gorgeous sunny and warm day in the desert southwest! After church, I enjoyed my day redesigning and replanting one of my flowerbeds.  I actually made this card last night and since the sun is setting behind the Franklin Mountains, I will take some time and sit down and post this card. I made this card with two challenges in mind. The first, the Color Throwdown #82 challenge, which is to use Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.  I just love these colors together! It just might be the best of the earth elements color family! The second challenge is the sketch over at Taylored Expressions. I am not sure if a taylored expressions stamp is required but, since I only (as of now) have one Taylored Expressions stamp and I have used it kind of alot lately, I decided to just participate anyway using one of  Clear Dollar Stamps March new releases. 
I paper pieced Charliene's robe twice actually, once for the ruby red trim, and another time for the robe itself. Oh yeah, not to forget the bunny slippers! They are paper pieced as well. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Details:
Stamps: Charliene in the Morning (CDStamps)
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird, Not Quite Navy,
Ruby Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Not Quite Navy
Tools/Accessories: Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, Modern Label Punch
Ruby Red Brads, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Sponge, Corner Rounder
Old Olive Felt Flower, Not Quite Navy Adheshive Flower
Prismacolor Pencils 

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I fell in love with these colors, Christi! Her robe just screams to be paper pieced, and the paper you chose is perfect. I really do feel like Charliene looks right now, and it's 4 in the afternoon here, haha. Super cute take on the sketch ;D

LeAnne said...

Very cute! I love this image---I think this is me in disguise. Thanks for playing with us and glad you liked the colors!