Friday, July 24, 2009

Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge #29


Yeah! It is Friday! Mark another week off the calendar! (you military wives know what I mean)
I am not only excited for that, but it is time again for the Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge over at papercraft planet! This week's hostess, Cassie has chosen some amazing colors to challenge us with! Basic Grey, Bermuda Bay and Only Orange. I love challenges with the "outside the box" color combos, and this week is no exception! After much deliberation and staring at my clear dollar stamps, I chose to use this cute little patchpal elephant designed by the amazing Shawnee at Clear Dollar Stamps. I know, I know, I just used him earlier this week! I really wanted to use my brand new yard yappers set, but just could not envision how to incorporate these colors! I guess I could have made it a husquvarna mower! (lol they are orange) Ok, so maybe only a yard work geek (me) would think that was funny. Just as a note, I cut the top note die intending on using it in the bahama bay throughly modern dsp, but when I saw the negative, It just seemed right. So, I trimmed around the opening to fit the card front and we frame our little elephant. And I still have a throughly modern top note die cut ready for the next project! Anyway, thanks for stopping by and visiting! And thank you for your sweet comments! You guys really do make my day!
Here's the details:
Stamps: Patchpal Elephant and Tag It - July SOM - (sentiment) CD Stamps
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Basic Grey, Bahama Bay, Only Oragne
Paper: Basic Grey, Only Orange, Throughly Modern dsp (su)
Accessories: Large white brads (su)
Tools: Top note die, (used negative for frame), 2 Circle nesties,
dahlia nestie, sponges, aqua painter

5 comments:

Cassie said...

I never get tired of seeing that Patchpal elephant, Christi! I love the frame you used to focus on the elephant! Great card ;D

Lisa Lara said...

Wow this is cute Christi. I just love your shapes and the colored CS. Fantastic coloring of this cutie. He is one of my favorites also.

Kevin Renz said...

Love your card Christi... that little elephant is cuuute!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Christi! I'm glad for you another week is gone. Making it one more week closer to seeing your hubby. Thanks so much for all you and your family give to us!! Now your card. So So very Cute!! That elephant is so adorable. I love all the different shaped dies you used. Great Job. Oh, one more thing what I laughed about in your post was that you actually know what colors the yard tools are supposed to be. ;D You go girl!! Love the card!

Leah said...

So cute and I love the use of the negative die cut, love the elephant in those colors!