Friday, January 15, 2010

Clearly Inspired Challenge #5

Hello Everyone! I am so excited because today is the day for the Clearly Inspired Challenge, the Clear Dollar Stamps challenge.(this time it's a sketch challenge) This is my favorite challenge for so many reasons, one being because of the wonderful & talented ladies that participate along with me! I had to miss the last challenge because my husband was home visiting from Iraq, and one of the last things on my mind at the time was crafting. (weird, huh) Unfortunately, he had to return to "work"( in Iraq) last week and fortunately, I had time to pour some love and creativity into this week's challenge. I was chatting via AIM with my husband the entire time I was making this card, so it took over 2 hours to complete.

A special thing about this card are the whales themselves. The left whale is simply stamped on whisper white and colored in with my new prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The right whale, on the other hand, using the same stamp, was inked onto this super neat rub on making kit my husband gave me for Christmas, and then placed next to the first whale as if they are kissing. I used the same prismacolor pencils to color the rub-on whale but since the pencil was on the wax-like rub on material, it turned out much lighter than the first. But, it did work much better than I thought it would!


The Details:
Stamps: Winter Eskimo (CDStamps)
Paper: Real Red, Sugar Rush (basic grey), Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Stazon JetBlack
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor pencils (black & lt blue) Gamsol
Tools: Oval & Labels 4 Nestabilities, Grafix Rub-onz Transfer film,
dimentionals, corner rounder, word window
Accessories: Sugar Rush enamel brads, Basic Grey Taffeta Ribbon

11 comments:

stampinganja said...

So cute!! I can see all the love you poured into this card!
Thanks for sharing, Anja

Cassie said...

Oh, Christi, I love it! That is so cool, and how neat that it worked out. I'm sorry Jason had to head back, but at least you have your paper to keep you warm at night, hehe ;D

Leah said...

Super cute and sweet! I hope you had a wonderful time with your hubby...Hurray for getting some Prismacolor pencils! I love mine:) You know you can use baby oil to blend in case you don't like the smell from the gamsol, I couldn't take it, it gave me a headache so I use baby oil. Also, I get those Ranger Cut 'n Dry Nibs at Mikes instead of the paper stubs to blend, I like how they don't break down and have a super pointy tip. Love your card!

coldwaters2 said...

How wonderful for you that your hubby was home for a visit I can understand why you were not to bothered with crafting lol....but boy this is great loving the 'kissing' whales fab idea love the design.

Hugs
Lorraine x

K. Joy said...

This is really cute! That's great how you got the second whale onto the card!! ;)

Linda Anderson said...

Such an adorable card!!!!!!

Linda

Shawne said...

That is so sweet, I love those whales and that new dp, very cute!

Cheryl said...

Such a cute card!!

Shawna said...

I whaley love you! How cute! Love your card!

Jami said...

Sweet card - I love how you did the ribbon treatment on this! Glad your hubby is home safe!!

Mary Duffek said...

What an adorable card! Love the facing whales...