Sunday, August 16, 2009

Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge #32 Chocolate Anyone?


The weekend is here already, and already it has come to a close. Man, time has flown by, especially these last two weeks since my son has started kindergarten. So seeing how its the weekend it is time for my favorite challenge of the week, the clear dollar stamps weekend color challenge over at paper craft planet. This week's hostess is the talented Alex, and the colors she chose are Chocolate Chip, Taken With Teal, Very Vanilla with an optional light pink. As you can see, I chose to omit the light pink. I was having a complete creativity block this afternoon as I sat down to make my submission for this week. I L O V E these colors,! I just could not think of how to use them. The last thing I wanted to do is to repeat a stamp set that I have used repeatedly the last couple weeks. Frustrated, I turned to my brainstorm buddy, my bff, Cassie for inspiration, she suggested I use one of my very first clear dollar stamp sets, Chocoholic. Who doesnt love chocolate, right? Although this card turned out kind of basic and simplistic, I am overall happy with the effort, and last minute too, right? ;p
Here are the details:
Stamps: Chocoholic (CD Stamps)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Taken With Teal, Stazon Jet Black
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla & Taken With Teal cardstock
Accessories: Basic Grey Bling, Glossy Accents
Tools: Mosaic squares embossing folder

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and saying HI! All the comments you each leave really do make my day! :0)

4 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

There you go Christi, now that's a card. I just love it.

Cassie said...

Oh, I love it, Christi! I truly want a chocolate bar right now, and it's only 8:30 in the morning, lol. I like how you staggered them and the sentiment really is perfect ;D

Rose said...

oh my i want to reach in and grab this!! i LOVE chocolate :) yummy card girl!!

Leah said...

Love it! The chocolate bar images are just too cute and you did a great job putting the whole card together, yum!