Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pile it on #13 -- Make it Round + one more

Happy Sunday! So I have been looking forward to the pile it on challenges on Sundays, and this weekend the challenge is to make it round and that could have been polka dot dp or a circle nestie on an A2 card, but the first thing that came to mind was a circle shaped card. For my second challenge, I am using the color challenge from the Aug 22 Our Creative Corner challenge blog. The challenge was to use the new InColors, and I took that to mean all of the new Incolors ;p

So, to be perfectly honest, I am not thrilled with this card. So, why post it you ask? It took me so stinkin long to make it I just had to post it! LOL

I stamped the sentiment on some acetate. My husband gave me this huge roll of this acetate back when he was packing up his office to go to Iraq and although I have wanted to use it I have not really known how. I tried to cut it with my nesties & cuttlebug and that didnt work out so well, so after I finally got the sentiment to stamp somewhat cleanly, I just cut it out and added the ribbon. I did stamp with stazon jet black thinking it would be easy peasy. Maybe today is just not a good crafting day for me!

Here are the details:
Stamps: everyday jar-gon (cdstamps)
Paper: rich razzleberry, crushed curry, mambo melon, bahama bay, whisper white
Ink: Stazon Jetblack, mambo melon, crushed curry, rich razzleberry,
bahama bay, dusty durango
Tools/Accessories: Circle & Pinking Circle nesties, watercolor pen,
soft suede & bahama bay ribbon, acetate, staples

8 comments:

Rose said...

fantastic to use a circle as the card!! i love your coloring and the sentiment is cute :) i like your card!! i am not thrilled with mine either but posted it as dh liked it and it took me an hour to make! lol

Anonymous said...

christi, I love the card.... I love how you cut out your nesties... how flippin' cool!!!!

I added your link to Mr. Linky since he is now on the Pile It On! blog.

-- dalis

Leah said...

Super fun card! I like all the colors, works so well with the image.

by. Amy Schultz said...

Great circle card! Those colors are so amazing together!

Amy -- Pile It On DT

Beth aka BR-T said...

I am glad you posted your card regardless of you first intuition we all see things so differently... Great card!

Maureen said...

Great card - love the colors and the acetate is cool! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Timi O. Mercado said...

Love this card especially the colors.

Timi, Pile it on DT

Mandy said...

How cute and colorful! :)