Friday, February 5, 2010

Finally, the package arrived!

Hello! Its always a happy day when a package full of crafting supplies arrives at your doorstep. But, it is ever so frustrating when something that is supposed to take 5 days to arrive ends up taking more than twice that long. Whatever detour my package took, it is here now, which inspired me to get creative with the new Sweet Pea dsp, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt flowers and this super cute collage frame my DH gave me.

Those who know me, know I like a picture frame for alot more than framing pictures! I have been known to frame some cute dsp in my day, in fact, this makes the fourth grouping of framed dsp I have in my house, and my wonderful husband doesnt even mind it! I guess it helps that he has been deployed for 9 months now.. ha ha .. really, he doesnt mind anything I do with my craft goodies as long as I am happy.

I just fell in love with these stitched flowers! And this paper too! I dont know why it suprises me, but yet it always does ... I had three different sheets of Sweet Pea dsp set out for this project, but yet, none of them ended up making the cut and, well, I guess most the time the dsp knows better than me! ha ha ha!  Here, I adhered the flowers to the outside of the glass with the tiniest strip of old olive cardstock I could cut with my paper cutter. The middle flower is made from the flower fuison collection with a sweet pea center. I just love how the two work so perfectly together with the dsp.
Well, that's it for today! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I really do appreciate each of your visits!

No comments: