Monday, February 8, 2010

The Pink Elephant #53 - Mushy Gushy Valentine + a bonus!

Today's Pink Elephant Challenge is to make a "mushy gushy valentine" and to be perfectly honest, I was not so inspired to break out the stamp & ink. Maybe because Valentine's day just happens to be my husband's birthday and he just happens to be deployed (again) this year. So, I had planned on passing on this challenge... Until this awesome stamp set came in today's mail from Stepping Stones Designs Stamps. You may be questioning my choice in stamp for a "mushy gushy valentine". Well, here's my thinking: Just about all of us look like this when we get up in the morning. And yet, despite this "give me my coffee" look, our husband's love us all the same. And that, ladies, is the real love on Valentine's Day, and that is why this stamp inspired me for a "
"mushy gushy valentine". 
Details:
Stamps: Instant Human (Stepping Stones Designs), Teeny Tiny Wishes (su)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Sending Love dsp
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red (marker)
Accessories/Tools: Labels 4 Nestabilities, Flower Fusion,
Real Red Corduroy Brad, Word Window, Real Red wide Ribbon
Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge, Dimentionals

BONUS:

I was having so much fun with this stamp, I went on to make another card! I used the same layout, just a pared down version. I again paper pieced her robe, coloring in the robe trim, this time with prismacolor pencils. For this card, I used Sweet Pea dsp and Whisper White & Taken with Teal cardstock/ink.  Thank you so much for stopping by!! I would love to hear what you think!

5 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Christi this is totally ace I just had to laugh at that image these are two great 'mushy' cards.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Cassie said...

Great thinking behind the mushy gushy, Christi. I would have to agree with you whole-heartedly. I love this image and how you paper pieced her robe. . .just perfect ;D

Unknown said...

This is a great image, Christi. I know what you mean by wanting to pass up the Vday stuff. My dh is gone (to Korea). :P Many hugs from a fellow Army wife.

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card!! Love the image!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!
Sheri-TPE DT

LORi said...

I hope he is home soon and you all can make up for lost time!! My Dad was deployed during a few Valentine's Days...I saw how my Mom felt!!! Thinking of you Christi!!

The Image is fun and I love your card!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with TPE this week!!

BIG HUGS -LORi