Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Clean & Simple Challenge #15


This is my submission for monday's clean and simple challenge. The challenge was to use "black and white and one bold bright." I chose lovely lilac for my bold bright and once again, I chose the "beautiful butterflies" set from http://www.cleardollarstamps.com/ . I embossed the card itself and embossed the lovely lilac as well, then lined them up so the embossing flowed from lilac to black. I used watercolor paper for the butterfly and watercolored in lovely lilac. I have the stampin spots for my bold brights and when I want to watercolor with one I flip over my cutting mat to the smooth and shiny side and smash down the stampin spot to release some ink onto the cutting mat, then I dab my watercolor pen right into the ink just as I would with a regular stamp pad. One thing I wish I would have done.. I threw out all the packaging for all my embossing folders, and I have no memory of their names.. I should have written the name on the back with a sharpie.. I would really like to accurately describe which embossing folder I am using. You can bet I will be doing that with any future embossing folders !

1 comment:

Cassie said...

This is sooooo stunning! Love the colors and that butterfly is just awesome. Yay, Christi ;D