Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Color Challenge 219 Wishes


This is my submission for today's color challenge over at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ Once again, Emily chose some great and very challenging colors! The colors this week are: Only Orange, Brillant Blue and Purely Pomegranate. I knew I wanted to use my new stamp set from http://www.cleardollarstamps.com/ called Biggest Wishes. A super cute set of three for only $4.99 ! I first chose the large curvy rectangle nestie set and colored it in using my only orange and brillant blue su markers and watercolored the purely pomegranate-- very carefully. This stamp is very detailed.I did not want to color the cake itself, so I applied glitter to help it stand out a bit. Also, I wanted to try shaping the card itself with a nestie. I saw it somewhere on a tutorial, wish I remembered where.. Suprisingly it worked. I remembered on the tutorial to let the top part of the nestie hang over the paper leaving the fold and cutting thru both layers at the same time. Easy peasy. Then I continued cutting nesties, one in floral purely pomegranate dsp from the candy lane collection (floral to mirror the flowers on her dress) and one strip of only orange for accent. I also ran that strip thru with the delicate dots embossing folder to mirror the polka dots on the cake. Finally, after much deliberation, I decided to add the sentiment on an only orange circle nestie cut out and added some glitter. I am still not sure if I should have added that or not.. All in all, this was a very fun card to make and I am happy with the results!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Oh Christi, that cake looks awesome! Love how it sparkles. You do great things with your nesties. I had no idea you got the little mouse. . .isn't she fun ;D