Sunday, May 31, 2009

OCCC Sketch Challenge 5-30


Looking at this card right now I can see a thing or two I would have added, maybe sponging the vanilla nestie... too late now! This is what I came up with for this weekend's sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner. I ended up making it landscape vs portrait because the DCWV dp I chose just would not work any other way! That is what I chose first, then the rest fell into place. The stamp set is the Clear Dollar stamp of the month for May, called Walk in the Park . I stamped the tree in chocolate chip (su) and the leaves in green galore (su) then I sprinkled multicolored flower soft to give the impression of a flowering tree. I used labels 4 nestabilities for the focal point and I sponged the edge of the dp in chocolate chip as well as the word window. I stamped the sentiment in chocolate chip which is also from clear dollar, this time from the clearance bin. The ribbon I used is all from Clear Dollar Stamps except for the green that is old olive grosgrain (su). Finally, the brads are chocolate chip and very vanilla large brads (su). Oh yeah, I used Not Quite Navy for my card background. :0) knew I was forgetting something! Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your thoughts !

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Super cute, Christi! That tree obviously goes quite well with your dp, and I love how you added flower soft for dimension. Great idea to use the ribbon the way you did ;D