Saturday, November 7, 2009

OCCC Sketch Challenge SASSC39

Hi! It is a happy Saturday when I can get chores done AND spend some quality time in the craft room! I found some extra mojo today and this is the result! I recently came across a Thursday sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner and today I was inspired to work with it!
On the sketch, I ended up turning the focal panel from horizontal to vertical because when I cut my dsp to size and flipped it over I noticed this awesome piece of a bigger picture and just had to showcase it! I have been having alot of fun with non-traditional Christmas colors, and for today, I challenged myself to NOT use any Nesties! They have been a steady go-to for awhile now, and I wanted to see if I could still create something eye-catching without leaning on the awesomeness of the nestability. ;p
The Details:
Stamps: Jolly Joy & Charlie Snowhorse - sentiment (CDStamps)
Paper: Whisper White, Ruby Red, Holiday Lounge dsp, watercolor
Ink: Ruby Red, Taken with Teal, Sahara Sand
Tools/Accessories: Sponge, Dimentionals, straight edge & black marker

6 comments:

Cassie said...

I think you accomplished your goal, Christi, because this is beautiful. I love your colors and the layout is awesome. I love how your images match your dsp ;D

Leah said...

love it! I found the same challenge this week too:) You did a beautiful job.

Shawne said...

Goegeous Christie, I love the colors and the weay you arranged those ornaments!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Christie, I LOVE how you turned the sketch and the creative design using the ornaments!

Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge, hope to see you next week!

Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Rose said...

christi your card is awesome love how you made the orniments stand out :0) thanks for joining us on SASSC this week.
rose nov gd

Jennifer Stricker said...

Beautiful card! I love those ornaments. Thank you for playing along with Stamps and Smiles. I hope you will join us again next week.

Jennifer SAS DT