Thursday, November 12, 2009

OCCC Sketch Challenge SASSC40

Happy Thursday! I have just recently discovered the Sweet and Sassy Sketch Challenge at Our Creative Corner. And they are having a DT call! All you have to do is participate during November, and they will choose on Dec 1st. Its fun to "try out"! So come on and join me! Click on Sweet and Sassy Sketch Challenge to find out more!
Today, when I studied this week's sketch, this cute little nutcracker came to mind. Perfect! He is tall and skinny, just like the panels shown in the sketch. I have also been veering toward the CAS card lately, even though there are several layers, it is simple and clean lined. huh..
Oooh, I just noticed my modern label "enjoy the Season" is crooked, I just checked it and it didnt stick to the ribbon very well, and it fell during picture taking! So please excuse that mishap! It is entirely too much work to go back and change out the picture! LOL ..
Enough chit chat, here are the Details:
Stamps: Holiday Nutcracker (CDStamps)
Paper: Real Red, Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Merry Moments dsp
Ink: Garden Green, Real Red, Soft Suede, Basic Grey
Tools/Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Word Window, sponge,
large vanilla brads, Blender Pen, Real Red wide (polka dot) ribbon
Thanks for stopping by my blog! All comments appreciated and cherished!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Great card Christi! I am pulling for you to get on the DT, they'd be so lucky to have you:)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Wonderful card and design Christi! Your colors are perfect for your layout & design!

Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Stamps and Smiles, hope to see you next week!

Jennifer :)

Rose said...

hey christi this is stunning! love the nutcracker :0) *fingers crossed for you* ;0) thanks for joining us on stamps and smiles this week.
nov guest designer

Anonymous said...

hi christi!
I just love how that image is perfect for this sketch!

Thanks for playing w/ us at Stamps and Smiles!
-- dalis

Jennifer Stricker said...

Love it! That nutcracker is wonderful. You did an awesome job with the layout. Thanks for playing with Stamps and Smiles. I hope you join us again.

Jen SAS DT