Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Three Winter Wishes

Hey All! Do you ever have one of those crafting days? Where you want to craft, you have ideas, and when you sit down at the table, everything goes all wrong, and it is a fight to the finish? Welp, that was me today with this card. Everyday, I look up some challenges and jot them down in my sketch book. Today, I was intrigued by the color challenge at splitcoast, ( bermuda bay or taken with teal, old olive, pretty in pink & neutral of choice) the Christmas Card challenge at PaperTake Weekly, and the Pile it On challenge (use Rub-Ons), and thought they would all go so great together! I love a Christmas card without the traditional red and green. Yes, I also like the red and green ... lol..
So with this card, I had a totally different idea, I cut out the trees from a piece of Holiday Lounge dsp and the circles on those trees inspired the use (yes again!) of my sweet snowman family. But things just wernt working, not only were the ideas just not flowing, but things were not working! I had to redo and redo and completely change my sketch! Finally, I finished.. I shake my head with uncertainty about this card, but I am posting it anyway, as a symbol of victory over this card. Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think about this creation... good or bad! I want to hear it! :0)
The Details:
Stamps: Snowman Wishes (CDStamps)
Paper: Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Holiday Lounge dsp, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Stazon JetBlack, Taken with Teal, Old Olive (marker),
Pretty in Pink (marker), Only Orange (marker)
Tools/Accessories: Spots & Dots Embossing Folder, Ticket Corner Punch,
Chit Chat Rub ons, Labels 4 Nestabilities, blender pen
dimentionals

3 comments:

Cassie said...

You know what, Christi, I really like it! I am proud of you for sticking with it, and I have to say that I love all the elements. The colors are so cool, and your sketch is awesome. You know I LOVE those snowmen, hehe. Great card, Christi ;D

Mandy said...

Your card looks fab, well done with sticking with it !!!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

oh christi, this is so cute!!!! I am a sucker for snowmen

Thanks for playing w/ us at Pile It On!

-- dalis