Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Card Patterns #19 sketch challenge



Good Morning everyone! Late last night I was inspired by the card patterns blog sketch challenge
and had to get to it. When I first saw the sketch, the top scalloped piece reminded me of an awning over a cafe, which made me think of my Sip By Sip stamp set from stampin up. The dsp I chose is all from Candy Lane dsp (su). The card is close to cocoa as well as the ink used to stamp the coffee gal. I used riding hood red for the sentiment, the coffee cup and to sponge the edges around the "cafe window". The ribbon is pink pirouette topped with riding hood red taffeta. I used the smallest circle from the nesties circles and mounted the coffee cup with a dimentional. I stamped the sentiment on very vanilla dsp from candy lane the same as I did with our coffee gal, sponged it with riding hood red and I found some random tiny brads to finish it off. I think that about covers it!
Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your thoughts. I thank you all for the kind words left for me on this blog! It really makes my day :0)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Love this Christi! So unique and it really does look like an awning and like she's looking out the "window". Great job!

whoistracy said...

I just love that retro image. And all the pink!! Thanks for joining us on CP.