Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Paper Blooms #12 Challenge - Be Inspired

Today's challenge at paperblooms today is to be inspired by what surrounds us.. What inspired me was the upcoming Independance day holiday and the fact that my husband is currently deployed AND the the leftover negative dahlia nestie I failed to toss out! I had my paper blooms spread out all over my table checking out all the great shapes and sizes all available at Leah's Esty Shop. This big red one caught my eye, paired with the negative dahlia, I grabbed not quite navy, real red and naturals white cardstock and this card was born. I cuttlebug embossed the not quite navy with curvy flowers and added a little dimention to my flower with a soft satiny ribbon from clear dollar that I tied a knot and threaded thru the middle of the flower. The sentiment is from stampin up's friendship flowers set, it has the some of my favorite quotes/sayings to add to a card! I first intended this to be a landscape layout, and just like always, the card took on a life of its own and it is now a portrait landscape!
Thank you for stopping by and for sharing your thoughts!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Gorgeous, Christi! Love the colors ;D

Leah said...

Love it!! Such wonderful colors and I must say I love that big bloom, one of my favs;) You really made it shine!

Ann said...

Just beautiful! Congrats on the DT spot--I can't wait to see what you create! :D

shelly said...

looking forward to working with you christi!
love the card and the use of the negative space with that flower..
arent leahs beautful blooms so fun to play with :)
shelly