Friday, June 26, 2009

Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge #25 Chocolate Anyone?


Here is my take on this week's color challenge over at paper craft planet, Cassie chose to honor the in colors with riding hood red, kiwi kiss and summer sun, with an alternative chocolate chip and white as a neutral. Cassie's sample is so stunning it was very hard to not just case her card.. I had to physically stop myself from using that same stamp set! :0)This card actually took on a life of its own. I dont really feel like I planned it so much as just went with the flow.. So this is what I came up with! It is a big one, 41/4 x 8" -I cased the big card idea from a mojo monday from a couple weeks ago. I used riding hood red for my card detailing the edge with my new eyelet border punch. I put a strip of kiwi kiss under the eyelet border to set it off a little bit I also used the eyelet border on the bella rose dsp background. The chocolate chip dsp is also from bella rose dsp. I used my large curvy rectangles, circles and dahlia nesties. The stamp I chose is called Big Wishes designed by the very talented Shawnee at clear dollar stamps. It was a challenge to color, took alot of patience, because I could only watercolor! I went out on a limb and made the cake chocolate. Yum! I sponged all the edges with riding hood red and added two kiwi kiss ribbons and my very last bit of riding hood red striped ribbon. At the top of the ribbon is my attempt at adding more summer sun with three dew drops. Seems like I should have more to say about this card because it took me so long to put it together! But I think that is it! Thank you for stopping by and for making my day with your comments!! :0)

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, Christi, this is so adorable! I love the chocolate cake and how you incorporated all the colors in her dress and on her presents! I love this set by Shawne, and you did such a good job coloring such a detailed stamp. Great layout too! ;D

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. Love the chocolate cake!

Tricia T said...

Isn't she cute! And that chocolate cake looks good enough to eat, and makes me hungry. Is 10 in the morning too early for a brownie, do you think??? LOL!
TFS!!!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Christi, what an adorable card!! Love the chocolate cake - but who wouldn't. I love the use of ribbon. All the colors are fab!! Great Job!

Kevin Renz said...

Great card Christi! I love all the detail in your card - it works so well together.

Lisa Lara said...

Very sweet Christi. I just love the colors on this set. You colored beautifully. I love your ribbon ends and the dew drops. Wonderful job!!