Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yup! I'm posting again! Papercraft Planet sketch challenge sk062709



Today I decided to play along with the papercraft planet sketch challenge. I believe this is the first time for me! I have two nephews with birthdays coming up soon so I needed to make "boy" cards although they are both in their 20's. Ok, one is my actual nephew and the other might as well be. Anyway, I utilized the sketch to come up with something "boyish". I used my brand new dsp tall tales (su) and Zoo Critters from clear dollar stamps. I stamped the lion on watercolor paper with stazon jet black ink and watercolored him combining chocolate chip and so saffron inks. I used my pinking circles nestie for the circle element in chocolate chip. The top three panels are backed with brillant blue and the bottom is dsp from tall tales dsp, the flip side of the top panels. I used so saffron ribbon and stamped the sentiment in chocolate chip right onto the dsp. I did move the circle element from the right side to the left so the lion on the dsp would not be covered up. He was the main reason I went with this paper! hee hee.. Thanks for stopping by! It is still raining cats and dogs here in El Paso, so who knows what I will have for you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

You are hilarious, Christi! Your coloring is fantastic, and you're making me fall for that dsp darn you! ;D

Leah said...

So cute! Love the animals:)