Sunday, June 7, 2009

Twisted Thursday challenge #13


Just under the wire, here is my submission for this weekend's sketch challenge over at the paper therapy blog. These girls always put on a great challenge and there is always a twist, and this week's twist was to add paper piecing - One of my personal favs.. Funny thing is is that I had paper pieced Charlie before I even saw this challenge because I just thougth he would be SO cute as a (tan) zebra charlie! The paper is from basic grey's granola pack. So, I knew I wanted to use "zebra "charlie from the brand new Lean on Me Charlie stamp set from Clear Dollar... I stamped him and the barrels on the white-ish paper from the granola pack and paper pieced him with the zebra and the barrels with the brown. I used a silver marker I had laying around for charlie's hoof and for the bands on the barrel. I really utilized my large rectangle nestie on this one! Since I got into nesties, I just can't leave something square or rectangle. ha ha... anyway, the back rectangle nestie is the Bronze Metallic from Stampin up's Taste of Textiles specialty papers. I used another piece of that white-ish for the background all mounted on chocolate chip cardstock. The twill fromthe vast clear dollar ribbon selection, and my sentiment is stamped on yet another paper from the granola pack cut out of a small dahlia nestie. Well, I think that about covers it! Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your thoughts! It really does mean alot to me :0)

3 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

OMG! Christi, this is so stinkin' cute! I love that you paper-pieced the horse with zebra DP - brilliant stroke of genius, I tell ya! You ROCKED this sketch - thanks so much for playing!! Looking forward to seeing more of your adorable work!!

Jaspere said...

Oh my goodness is this cute. Love that fun image and how you made the sketch work for you.

Justine said...

What a great card, I didn't see it the week you submitted it. I would love it if you came out to play with us again. I see you like to work under pressure so there is still plenty of time to submit something TODAY. Anyhow, I look forward to seeing more of your projects in the future