Monday, June 29, 2009

The Pink Elephant #21 color challenge



This week at The Pink Elephant, the challenge is to use your favorite color combo. Yikes! I have so many!! But when I stopped to think about it I realized that this is my favorite color combo: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Basic Grey. I just think they are so elegant and fun at the same time. And it is fitting that there is just one more day and these colors are gone {sniff, sniff}. Well, Basic Grey is sticking around at least! I used some of my other fav's today like nestabilities, dsp, and the upsy daisy stamp.
  • PAPER: Baja Breeze, Basic Grey, Urban Oasis, whisper white
  • INK: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Basic Grey
  • STAMPS: Upsy Daisy & Heard from the Heart (su)
  • TOOLS: Mega Nesties curved rectangles, labels 4, ticket corner punch, sponging
  • ACCESSORIES: Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Basic Grey Bling

I am trying a different format for my blogging, instead of blabbing on and on about the details of my card, I will copy Cassie and just list the make up of the card. I tend to be a bit wordy and I dont want to loose people in my ramblings! Let me know what you think .. wordy rambling or listed ingredients? Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your insite!

5 comments:

Leah said...

LOVE this! I love how the lighter ink looks like the shadow on the silhouettes, really pretty. I was thinking of trying the same thing, just listing the "ingredients" at the end of my post... I like it both ways, wordy or not;)

Unknown said...

That kiwi green is indeed one of my faves, too, Christi. I love the elegance of this card. Thanks for creating with us at TPE this week.

LORi said...

Wonderful Color Combo to go along with your wonderful card!!

Thanks for sharing with The Pink Elephant this week!!!

Carol said...

Love the Upsy Daisy stamp. Your card is a fabulous mix of colour and detail....thanks for playing :)

Hugs
Carol x

Cami said...

This card is so cute! Thank you for sharing!