Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Paper Blooms #11 Challenge Rollin' on Dubs (lol)


Ok, so this card is kind of silly... It is meant to be a little on the funny side. We have all seen them, cars and trucks driving around with huge tires and a window sticker declaring that they are "rollin' on dubs" as if that is not painfully obvious by the large tires rolling under their vehicles. Maybe everyone has not seen this, but we saw it alot when we lived in Georgia/Alabama. LoL..
Anyway, I will move on... Today's challenge over at the paperblooms blog is to create a project with a man of influence in mind / father's day. Wanting to incorporate paperblooms on a "man's card" added an extra challenge, and this is what I came up with. I used the truck image from the Loads of Love stamp set (su) and watercolored it with real red. I then I cut two real red smallest circles from the circle nesties and affixed my paper blooms"tires" onto the red adding my "hubcap" silver large 5/8" (su) brads. I cut out the truck and affixed it to the whisper white circle nestie that I sponged with basic grey and pacific point. I then affixed that to a basic black scalloped octagon nestie (second to the largest). I added the two strips of pacific point dsp from good morning sunshine dsp and one strip of black stitched ribbon (from scrapbook pal). The sentiment is from clear dollar stamps stamped on real red with the edges sponged in basic grey. Welp, that about covers it! Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your thoughts!

3 comments:

Leah said...

AHH!! Christi!! This is just absolutely fabulous!! I LOVE that you used the blooms for the tires!! SO creative and it looks just perfect! :)

Rose said...

OMG!!!this is too funny! hats off to you for using the blooms as tires! :D

Ann said...

OMG, this is absolutely PERFECT for the challenge! I love it!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us! :D