Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Card Patterns #20 sketch challenge


Hello Everyone! This is my submission for this week's sketch challenge over at the cardpatterns blog When I saw the sketch, It looked like a frame to me, and if you saw my house, you could probably guess that I love framed dsp. Yes, I have this exact dsp framed in my loft area. Anyway... I used my favorite dsp, urban oasis from stampin up, I actually cut this rectangle out of the middle of the sheet to get just the right picture. I mounted it on a piece of baja breeze and added kiwi kiss ribbon. That is all mounted on basic grey cardstock cut with the scallop edge punch. I have yet to perfect the scallop punch .. there has to be something I am missing! Anyway, the card is made in kiwi kiss and the sentiment is two rub ons from chit chat (su). The flowers are from flower fusion 1 & 2 adhered with pewter brads to mirror the basic grey cardstock. If anyone has some pointers on getting a nice clean cut from the scallop punch, I am all ears! Thanks for stopping by and for sharing your thoughts!

3 comments:

whoistracy said...

Just LOVE the colors you used here. This has such a serene feeling to it. Love those felt flowers, too. Great take on the sketch! Glad you could play along with us.

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

What a spectacular card Christi! I love the soothing colors and your take on the sketch. Glad you could play along with us again.

Jess said...

Fabulous card! Love the simple color scheme and beautiful paper!