Sunday, October 4, 2009

Card Patterns #35 sketch challenge & Pile it On #18 & OCC!

Good Evening Friends! I really have alot of fun with the pile it on challenges. And tonight's was no exception. And like alot of the time, I start out with one idea and end up with another, and that is pretty much always okay. Today, I intended on using the colors from this week's color throwdown, which are: Rich Razzleberry, Really Rust, Old Olive & Basic Grey. A very interesting and challenging color challenge, but the Really Rust and Basic Grey were just not meshing with the project at hand. I decided it would be fun to use chipboard since the Pile it On Challenge blog calls for a 3-D project, using something like buttons, flowers, ect and I really wanted to make a journal. The second challenge I piled onto the 3-D challenge is a sketch from the Card Patterns Challenge Blog. I turned the sketch on its side to accomodate the dimentions of my journal. A third inspiration for my pile it on project is the journals on the Our Creative Corner blog. I was inspired by the natural feel of those journals, and brought that feel with a "Christi Twist" to my project.
Details:
Stamps: Friendship Flowers (su)
Paper: Cottage Wall dsp, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Tools: Sponge, Labels 9 Nestie, MS loop edge punch
Accessories: Cheep Talk Chipboard, Summer Sun corduroy buttons,
Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry Ribbon
Below is another journal I created with the same dsp but a totally different look. This second one is not part of a challenge, I just wanted to share it with you!

Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies (CDStamps)
Paper: Cottage Wall dsp, Watercolor paper, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories/Tools: Modern Label Punch, Handmade butterflies from Leah's Esty shop
Rhinestone Brads, Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry Ribbon
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for saying HI! It really does make my day!!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow, Christi, these are both beautiful! Great colors and awesome designs. So very inspiring ;D

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful journals. Love the colors and the detail. Those chipboard flowers are fabulous! Thanks for joining in the inspiration challenge at the OCC this week. Hope to see you back with us again next week!

whoistracy said...

I love that sweet little journal cover Christi. That flower stem makes the perfect match for the wavy element in the sketch. So clever!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Christi these are quite lovely the colours and your design are fabulous

Hugs
Lorraine x

Katie said...

Such beautiful journals!
Thanks for playing along at PIO.

Lori Rider said...

What gorgeous journals! I really love what you did with the Cottage Wall paper, and your punches and chipboard flowers are fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with the OCC!

Jennifer Stricker said...

This is absolutely adorable I love the flowers!
Your coloring is wonderful and your design and detail amazing.

Thank you for playing along with Pile It On! this week.

Jennifer PIO DT

Chris said...

Such a nice book - Thanks for playing along with Card Patterns - it really is so much fun to be the sponsor again! :)