Thursday, October 8, 2009

Christmas Card Preview


Hi Everyone! Yesterday, Happy Mail arrived - aka my new Clear Dollar Stamps order - and so I found myself inspired to get a start on some Christmas cards. In comparison to some other people I know, I do not have a long Christmas card list, but I always like to get an early start. And this year, since my DH will be coming home for a visit in December, I want to be sure to not only have these cards made, but signed, addressed and ready for the post office, well before he arrives home. For this batch of cards, I was inspired by my new nestabilities, Labels 7 combined with my Christmas Scriptures stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps. I love how the Labels 7 looks like an open book, and the simplicity of the scripture being the main focus of the card. I mean, really, shouldn't God's Word be our main focus Everyday? (Yes, I am reminding myself of that very point)
With the same sketch, I used a different dp all from the Merry Moments (su) dsp and two of the four Scriptures that are included with the stamp set simply because they fit the labels 7 best. I plan on using the other scriptures with my other Christmas cards.
Usually I ignore the inside of my cards, just dont think about it, but I have been inspired by so many of you adding detail to the inside of your cards, that I did go ahead and do a little something, but of course, I forgot to take a picture of said insides.. But I simply sponged Old Olive and then stamped "Merry Christmas" in Real Red leaving plenty of room for a personal note and signature.
Details:
Stamps: Christmas Scriptures (CDStamps)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip,
Merry Moments dsp
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Tools/Accessories: Labels 7 Nesties, Sponge, Real Red dotted ribbon,
Old Olive Ribbon, Vanilla satin ribbon (from cdstamps),
Ticket corner punch,
Old Olive brads/Chocolate Chip brads
Thank you so much for stopping by, I would LOVE to hear what you think about these Christmas cards! I have two more Christmas stamp sets that I plan on turning into Christmas cards, so I hope you will stop by later on to check those out too!

8 comments:

Nikki Dulin said...

The cards are amazing! What a great idea!

Cassie said...

Wow, Christi, these cards are simply stunning! I love what you did with them, and the nestie you used. I won't buy a new nestie, I won't buy a new nestie, lol! ;D

Leah said...

Love these! The labels really do look like an open book, such a neat effect. Love the simple design and pretty paper too:)

Heidi Yeoman said...

I Love the "open book" nestie Christi! Great job!!

Laurie Wilson said...

Wow, these cards are fantastic, wonderful idea!

Janice M said...

Beautiful Christmas cards!!

Donna Baker said...

they are beautiful! I love that die with those Scriptures - thanks for playing along & sharing

Karen Motz said...

These are wonderful! I love all the different patterned papers!!!