Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Monochromatic Mania! PaperBlooms challenge

Hi Everyone! It is time once again for another great challenge from Leah & the PaperBlooms challenge blog design team! This week, our challenge to you is to make a monochromatic card! Fun, right? Yep, and way more challenging than I thought it would be! lol .. I once again, made my card kind of backwards, first completing the entire focal point before even planning out my layout.. lol..
Before I get into the details of this card, I want to extend a big THANK YOU! to everyone who participated in our sketch challenge from the last two weeks! It has been so inspiring to see everyone's unique take on the same sketch!
For this project I chose to use my new stamp set from My Favorite Things, called How Sweet it is. I paper pieced pretty much the entire stamp! I had my doubts, but went ahead and completed it. Mainly it was the recliner that I didnt like, but if you look at it from a distance, it looks okay.. lol.. Paper piecing is probably my favorite technique, although sometimes I wonder what I was thinking when it gets so detailed! ha ha..
This challenge has an infinate number of possibilties! I cant WAIT to see what you all come up with! Remember, you do not have to use Leah's beautiful blooms to participate in our challenge, but if you would like to check out the elegant and gorgeous blooms Leah has to offer, please check her Esty store by clicking HERE. Not only are her creations gorgeous, but she takes custom orders! What more could you ask for?
DETAILS:
STAMPS: How Sweet it is (MFT)
PAPER: Whisper White, Rose Red, Rose Red dsp
INK: Stazon JetBlack, Rose Red
ACCESSORIES/TOOLS: Labels Trio nestie, sponge, Rose brads,
Circles embossing folder, watercolor pencils
TECHNIQUE: Paper Piecing

3 comments:

Cassie said...

What a great monochromatic card! These can be very difficult at times, but you totally nailed it AND paper pieced it all to boot! WOW! Very inspiring, Christi ;D

jacque4u2c said...

Fantastic job! It looks great!

coldwaters2 said...

Love it the colours are great and what a fab image.

Hugs
Lorraine x