Friday, October 23, 2009

Christmas Card Preview #3

Here is my third set of Christmas Cards. I think I will just need one more set of 10 to be set for this holiday season. These cards came at a real struggle... Me and this stamp set did not get along my first couple attempts at these cards. In the end, I won and after alot of coloring, some cutting and a lot more cuttlebugging, this is what I came up with.
The stamp set is called Holiday Nutcracker from Clear Dollar stamps. As usual, I had a totally different layout pictured in my head when I started, and once again, I am happy with the results. I used different selections dsp from the same dsp family, Merry Moments dsp (SU).
I embossed the smaller of the Labels 9 nesties with the Moroccan Screen embossing folder for some added texture and interest. I used dimentionals to make the nutcrackers stand out just a little bit more.

This year, I have been sure to stamp the inside of the cards to make sending them out a bit easier. My goal is to have the cards not only made, but signed, addressed, stamped and ready to go in the mail by the first of December since my husband will be coming home from Iraq for a visit around mid-December.
Details:
Stamps: Holiday Nutcracker (CDStamps), Christmas Scriptures (inside)
Paper: Merry Moments dsp, Real Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Stazon JetBlack, Not Quite Navy
Markers: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, YoYo Yellow, Only Orange
Tools/Accessories: Labels 9 Nesties, Moroccan Screen Embossing Folder,
Modern Label punch, Old Olive or Not Quite Navy Brads, Dimentionals
Thank you for stopping by and for saying HI! Your comments really do make my day!

1 comment:

Tricia T said...

Wow! I am so impressed that you have that many Christmas cards done! Good for you!!!! I really like your layout on these. TFS!!